Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"If your Presence does not go with us..."

Exodus 33:15-18

This passage of scripture has deeply impacted my life recently. Moses was truly someone that understood what it means to follow God. And is still a great example for us to follow today.

The Israelites had rebelled against God, therefore God told Moses that He would no longer go with them, but would send His angel to lead them into the promised land. This was just not good enough for Moses. He would have rather stayed in the desert than take one step without God.

As we begin this New Year, I pray that God will make that the attitude of my heart. This year, I don't want to do anything without knowing that He is with me. Like Moses, we ought to be afraid to take one step without the assurance of God presence. However, when we know He is with us, we can move forward with boldness. This type of assurance does not just happen. It is only going to happen when we spend time seeking God through prayer and bible study.

My favorite part of this passage is verse 18 that says,

Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."

After Moses had been assured of God's presence going with them, then and only then does He ask God to show him His glory. Quite a bold request, don't you think? But, I know that I personally ask God to let His glory fall on my life, my family, my church, etc all the time. I want to see His glory, but I seem to miss the part about not taking one step without Him. If I truly want to see Him work, I must make sure that my life is aligned with His will.

Spend some time praying today and ask God to assure you of His presence. Ask Him to show you if you are doing what He would have you do. Commit your year to Him if you haven't already and then get ready to see His glory.

On a personal note, I am glad to be back! My children start back to preschool today and I am very thankful because I have been so tired and not just "morning sick", but all day sick. Oh yeah, for those of you who do not know - I am 9 weeks pregnant! We are very excited about this gift that the Lord has blessed us with and we do ask for your prayers. I have missed writing and I hope God will continue to use me in this way during 2009. God bless you and thanks so much for reading!

No comments: